Contact The Mrs.

thesouthernmrs@gmail.com

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Who's That Girl?

We all know that girl.

The girl who is always impeccably dressed.
Make up done.
Nails done.
The girl who is perfectly accessorized.

That girl used to be me. Pre-baby...

Gone are the days when my shoes matched my outfit perfectly. Where my jewelry accented my attire and gave me a feeling of being well put together.

Now a days, my hair is pulled back into a ponytail more often to try and catch a few more minutes of sleep in the morning. A few weekends ago I didn't even realize I left the house with one black flip flop on one foot and a chocolate one on the other foot. (Yes its that bad)

While I've lost the baby weight (per the dreaded scale), my pre-baby clothes still don't fit and I am having a hard time adjusting to my new post baby, pre-workout body. Because of this, I haven't really enjoyed shopping for myself so more often than not, I shop for my Husband and Daughter.

I just feel like a frumpy old woman. (I think I have even forgotten how to walk comfortably in high heels!!)
While I don't leave the house looking a mess, I don't have the same "togetherness" I once had and I honestly don't take the time I once did to present myself to the world.

I just look...ok. Nothing special..

I've tried to shake the rut and sometimes I succeed but its a daily battle I fight with myself. My husband, God love him, thinks I'm loony and I look fine, but I don't want to look fine. I want to look fabulous and I may get flamed for this but I'm 25 and while I don’t want to look like I should be standing on the street corner, I don't want to look like somebody's ratty old mother.


My style has always been classic. While I fawn over trendy items, my heart always favored classic pieces that will never go out of style. Think Charlotte York.

My signature look was always a pair of fitted jeans, a girly top or blouse, a pair of cute heels, matching jewelry and a bag…preferably my beloved LV bag.

I make sure Makenzie, (My perfect little girl) is dressed RIDICULOUSLY CUTE at all times. Think Teresa from The Real Housewives of New Jersey (without all the leopard print lol).

*whines* I just want to be cute right along with her.

I know I am only 4 months postpartum and I still have to give myself time to "bounce back". 

I clearly have not gained one ounce of patience, not with myself anyway.

So my plan is to become that girl again. Well that girl remixed. I know that now that I am a mother, the things that make up "that girl" are just a tad bit different but I am none the less going to try and do this.

I will keep you all updated on my progress and may post a few pictures of my new purchases.

This is a personal journey. Something I am doing to renew myself. I already take care of my husband and daughter pretty well.

I'm doing this for me.

Wish me luck!

The Mrs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you!!!