Contact The Mrs.

thesouthernmrs@gmail.com

Monday, October 25, 2010

Southern Mrs.'s Favorite Things--Websites

Don't make that face!  Oprah does it, why can't I?

The only difference is that I won't be buying you guys one of each of my favorite things.

(Maybe one day so stick around!)

Ok.  Now you can make that face. 

Anywho..

I love to read. More importantly...I. LOVE. THE. INTERNET.

LOVE. IT.

I use it so much I should be paid for it…seriously. I have even mastered the art of self diagnosis via WebMD.

By far my favorite thing to do on the Internet is to read blogs (duh) and chat or lurk in forums. Whatever I'm going through, good or bad, 9 times out of 10 someone has written a blog post or started a thread in a forum about it.

One thing I love about forums is that you get information on topics or current events and reviews about products from real people, not someone hired to write an article in favor of or opposing a particular topic of product.

Today, I decided to post my favorite Mommy & Mrs. Websites. Hopefully they provide you with just as much useful information, laughs, tears, and ideas as they have me. I have a lot of other sites I love but these are the ones I am most addicted to. Many of the sites cover both Marriage & Parenting topics.

(not listed in order of preference)


Southern Mrs. Top Mrs./Home Life Websites

LongHairCareFourm--  Yes, this is a website about hair, however they have a number of forums ranging from hair, beauty, fashion, relationships, parenting, religion, politics…you name it they have it. I have learned so much from the women (and a few men) here. This is my most favorite place to surf.


ChocolateBrides-- What can I say about this site…IT'S THE BEST. I found this site about a year before my now husband and I got engaged and I have been hooked ever since. It caters to the African American woman and her lifestyle but they welcome women of all races. Their forums are my favorite place to roam. They help women from pre-engagement, to the wedding, to the marriage, to purchasing and taking care of the home, to the kids, to weight loss…it goes on and on! The love these women display on this forum is almost matchless. There is NO place like CB.


BrownandBridal-- This is another site that caters to the African-American woman/family. I found them pre-engagement and they have helped me through the wedding planning process, the marriage, and beyond. The ladies here are so sweet and are more than willing to share ideas and the triumphs & pitfalls they have experienced in their marriages and lives.


TheNest-- Sister site to TheKnot.com & TheBump.com. Find recipes, budget planners, décor ideas, date night ideas and more! I love the forums here too! My guilty pleasure is reading the hilarious and sometimes outrageous MIL & SIL drama in the Family Matters forum.


BlackAndMarriedWithKids-- This site was created by a 30-something married couple with 4 children. They discuss everything from relationships, kids, politics & current events. They have a great, fresh perspective on a plethora of topics. I have printed out a ton of their articles and discussed them with my friends and family.


iVillage-- I have loved this site ever since I was a single college woman. It covers topics such as relationships, children, beauty, style, women health, etc. They offer a ton of advice for women.

Southern Mrs. Top Mommy Websites


TheBump-- Sister site to TheKnot.com & TheNest.com. This site was my go to site all during my pregnancy. I swear it should have been my home page. EVERYTHING BABY IS HERE! Their forum is my stomping ground and the place I get the most of my information.

BabyCenter-- Another great pregnancy and parenting site. While I was pregnant, I watched the educational videos they have available over and over again. They helped prepare me for labor and were fun to watch for the information on the development of our baby. Sign up for weekly newsletters. The weekly updates they provide from pregnancy through parenthood are priceless!


Parents.com-- I love the magazine so why wouldn't I love the website. Find Ideas, product reviews, recipes, helpful tips, etc. here!


WhatToExpect-- Yet Another fabulous website about pregnancy and parenting.


If you have a few websites you love to frequent, feel free to comment and share them!

The Mrs.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you!!!