Contact The Mrs.

thesouthernmrs@gmail.com

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Changing Seasons

With Summer long gone, Fall has officially taken over.

We have said good bye to the hot summer days and nights and hello to cool mornings and evenings. Thankfully, the transition to cooler temperatures seems to be gradual this year, thus allowing me time to get our household ready for the cold weather.

Now that we have a new baby, our routine has been altered slightly. Not only do we need to sift through our clothes and pull out our "winter wear", we need to do the same for Makenzie's things. We also begin to play around with the thermostat to see what temperature is comfortable enough for us to keep us warm and keep the gas bill from totaling more than Oprah's net worth.

I love to decorate our home based on the seasons (although I have been slacking in this department) One thing I love about the fall is the beautiful décor.

Don't these just scream Autumn??!!









It's even more important for me to do this now that we have a daughter because I want her to fully experience each season and the beauty and uniqueness each one presents.

My mission for the next year is to do MUCH better in regards to decorating our home for the seasons. I also want to make sure to have DH & I introduce Makenzie to the best each season has to offer.

I want to make sure she experiences the crunchy leaves and the warm rich colors of fall…

The snow and clear night skies of the winter…

The budding flowers and even the rain showers of spring…

And the sun and sand during the summer…

Of course her doses of these things will be tiny as she is still small but they will be doses none the less.

Here's to fall and every season we are blessed to experience and re-experience in the future!

The Mrs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you!!!