Contact The Mrs.

thesouthernmrs@gmail.com

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Invitation Debacle

Well.

Umm.

Hmm.

Where do I start?

Here is the story of how I became a FedEX protester and a lackluster fan of Tiny Prints.

I ordered my daughter's Christening invitations from Tiny Prints 3 1/2 weeks ago and I just received them on Friday.  LATE!

When I ordered the invitations, I made sure the spelling was correct and the invites said exactly what I wanted them to say. I received an email the same day stating that my order was received and would be sent to their printing department.

A couple days later, I receive an email stating there was a problem with my invites and to give them a call.

The problem?

They didn't agree with the wording on my invites.

Umm…EXCUSE ME?

Basically, in the RSVP section, It simply read "RSVP to Ashley by October 22".  When it went through their proofreading department, they thought it should have a phone number as well.  When I explained to them that it was fine to leave the phone number off because everyone who would be receiving an invite had my phone number, they INSISTED I put a phone number there. I told them that I wanted to leave it as is as to not delay the shipment any further. They eventually gave up and advised I would receive an email when the invites were shipped.

I received the email stating my invites were shipped 3 days later. By this time I was a little irritated because my invites should have been sent out 3 days prior.

At 5:30pm on 10/14/2010, 4 evenings after I received the tracking number from Tiny Prints, I check on the FedEx website to see where my package was since I paid for 3 day shipping. The status said delivered on 10/14/2010 at 11:34am.
 
No, this is NOT when all H*LL broke loose.

In all of my online shopping, I only had to deal with UPS and DHL and I never had an issue out of either service.

I proceeded to call FedEx and file a claim for my package. I told the Representative my dilemma and that my package contained time sensitive material. The woman who answered the phone was rude to me before I had the chance to be rude to her.

I wasn't rude to the Customer Service Representative initially. I only got rude about 5 minutes into the conversation when she accused me of misplacing the package.

THAT'S RIGHT!  ACCORDING TO FEDEX...I LOST MY PACKAGE!

Hmm let's see...

I had not checked the status of my package, but using my Mother's Intuition I knew my package was delivered so I left work during my lunch break...

Drove 35 miles home to pick up my package...

Put it somewhere I would not remember placing it later on...

Drove 35 miles back to work, only to drive another 35 miles back home at quitting time…

To discover I misplaced my package…

Then I had the gall the call their claims department to help me find a package their delivery man delivered and I misplaced…

THIS is when all H*LL broke loose.

I informed the Representative that this was not my fault. I even searched the perimeter of our home for the package in case the non-present wind blew the 2lb package around.

She finally advised that she would have the Carrier contacted to verify where he left the package and someone would call me back within the hour.

3 hours pass. No phone call.

When I call them back, I am connected with a new Representative who was very pleasant. She informed me that the Carrier had gone home for the day but that they would have him retrace his route the next day to find where he left that package. She also advised I would receive a phone call the afternoon of 10/15/2010.

So on 10/15, I wait, and wait, and wait and wait. No phone call. I decide not to call until I get home just in case the package was there.

Lo and behold, it was.

I never called FedEx back and I never received that phone call either. I was done at that point.

FedEx lost a customer as did Tiny Prints and every other website or catalog that uses them.  

Because of this, our invites were mailed late to our guests. I created an Evite after I realized FedEx misplaced our package so our guests still got word in enough time, but the thrill was gone for me at that point.

I can not give an honest review of the product because my view is so tainted right now.

Either way, below is the invitation style we chose for Makenzie's Christening Celebration:



(The hunt for her Christening Gown is an even better story! :) )

The Mrs.

P.S I just found out last night that EyesLipsFace, the company mentioned in this post, uses FedEx as well. Too late to take a stand on that one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you!!!