Contact The Mrs.

thesouthernmrs@gmail.com

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wedding Wednesday

Bride's Entrance

The song I chose for my walk down the aisle was Jennifer Hudson's Giving Myself (Over To You).  This song encompasses everything I was feeling about getting married and how I felt about being with my Husband.  I still cry when I hear this song.


Pictures of my can be found below the song.


I was so excited to walk down the aisle.  I was as calm as can be when that moment finally arrived.  I stayed in the Bridal Suite until the lobby of the chapel was clear. Once my coordinator gave the ok, I left the suite and was immediately greeted in the lobby by my Step Dad who was smiling from ear to ear.





Before the doors to the chapel were opened, I requested that the song I chose be allowed to play for a few moments. I did this because the words to the song meant so much to me...and my husband & I wanted to take time to take everything in. 

Once the chorus came, the doors of the chapel were opened and my Step-Father and I stood in the doorway while my wedding coordinator perfected my train. 

As soon as she gave us the go ahead, my walk began.  


I was told my husband had gotten antsy waiting for me to enter. The Coordinators took so long getting the guests out of the lobby before they grabbed me from the room that he & the wedding party waited a good 6-7 minutes at the altar before my song began to play. 

But once it did...it was on!


I know its corny to say but while I was walking, I only saw my husband. 





I saw no guests & no attendants standing at the altar, only him.





The aisle in the Chapel was long so my walk was perfect for me. Long enough for me to enjoy the time and short enough to keep my Step Father & I from being out of breath by the time we got to the altar. 



 From start to finish, my walk was complete at about 3 minutes into the song.




Have a great Wednesday!

The Mrs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you!!!