Contact The Mrs.

thesouthernmrs@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wedding Wednesday

THE PROPOSAL

Mr. M and I were engaged March 21, 2009.

This Wednesday, I decided to share with you all a post that I wrote on one of my favorite forums the day after we got engaged.

I'M IN SHOCK!!!

We were at a friend's cookout in the park yesterday. All of a sudden one of my friends said "What's that in the sky?" I looked up and there was a PLANE FLYING A BANNER THAT READ..."ASHLEY, WILL YOU MARRY ME? LOVE Mr. M"!!!!


Then my love came around from the picnic table, got on his knee and asked me to be his wife!


I was so shocked I couldn't do anything....cry, scream..nothing! All I could do was grab him and bury my face in his chest. After about 5 or 6 minutes some one was like she didn't answer...so I yelled out YES!


The park was packed and for the next 3 hours we were out there, people kept coming up saying, "We saw the banner do you all know who got engaged?" This guy even came over and started playing us a love song on his guitar.


IT WAS BEAUTIFUL & INCREDIBLE AND I AM SOO HAPPY AND READY TO TAKE THE NEXT STEP!



Mr. M said he was so nervous that his proposal secret would get out that he only told a few people who would be at the picnic what he was going to do.  *Notice the people with their backs to us.  They didn't know what was going on either.*

They still don't know.  Well 2 of them do.

Now they know lol

This picture is so cute to us.  The couple in the background are a good friends who got married the year before us.

Us with my amazing Parents
Happy Wednesday!!

The Mrs.

1 comments:

K. Rock said...

Awww that is too sweet. Love the pics and great story.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you!!!